Whenever someone new walks into your reception, what do they see? What does that space tell them about what your company does? Does it welcome them? Is it interesting? Inspiring? Comforting? Impressive?
Whether your visitor is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company or a patient in need of care, that first impression counts for a lot.
Here are 5 tips for designing a reception area that sends a message:
1. Ensure the colours and style are consistent with your company branding. However, you don’t need to limit the décor to the brand palette.
2. Do everything you can to maximise space. Even smaller rooms can seem more spacious with sleek furniture and fittings.
3. Create the appropriate energy with colour. Bright accents will energise, warm colours are reassuring and cheerful, and neutrals and cool colours promote a calm vibe.
4. Experiment with lighting. Harsh, fluorescent lights are never ideal. Consider LED downlights, lamps and backlit signage – or even a neon sign to bring a funky feel to the place.
5. Express your uniqueness with vertical plants or exciting wall, counter, ceiling or floor custom decals.